Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Planned Parenthood's Trees 1


Planned Parenthood at 5631 S 48th Lincoln, Nebraska

Lisa and I have been praying at the site of the new Planned Parenthood, set to open in "late fall."  During prayer, I couldn't help but notice the sickly trees leaning on each side of the entryway.  I mentioned this to Lisa, who said she had just read about sycamore trees in the Bible.  She stated that God will destroy and uproot sycamore trees as a sign of his judgement.  This sparked my curiosity.  I don't know enough about trees or the bible but I was willing to do some research.  Here is just one of the verses I came upon concerning sycamore trees and God's judgement:
Psalm 78:47
"He destroyed their vines with hail and their sycamore-figs with sleet."

I went to the nearby Earl May Nursery to get some more info on the sycamore tree.  I asked an employee who was watering the trees if they had any sycamore trees.  He said they only carry one sycamore type and they didn't have any in.  I asked him if he knew of the connection of sycamore trees to God's judgement, he exclaimed, "No I've never heard that, but I better be good!"

I'm no tree hugger but I am convinced God is speaking to us through his creation.  If we are going to destroy human life through abortion then we are going to destroy everything surrounding that life.

It was just over a month ago that I gave my abortion testimony in front of the Planned Parenthood building where I had my abortion 23 years ago.  The building is just off 19th & Martin Luther King in Des Moines, Iowa.  Planned Parenthood still owns the building but now performs abortions at their Army Post location.  As I was walking around the building praying with Jenifer, we couldn't help but notice the small, twisted naked trees.  It literally looked like a war zone.  Like a bomb had gone off and the trees were barely hanging on.  What Jenifer told me a few weeks after this incident blew me away. Jenifer had run into a priest who randomly told her how he would pray at that Planned Parenthood location on abortion Fridays.  He told her Planned Parenthood twice planted trees to buffer women going in to have abortions from people on the sidewalk praying. And twice those trees died!

I am convinced it is going to take prayer and the work of the Holy Spirit to end the holocaust of abortion.  Take a look around you.  What is the Holy Spirit saying to you through the trees?

No comments:

Post a Comment